Thursday 20 December 2012

BEDID - Day 20 - Manscaping


Got a question or topic you want to see blogged in December? Email me or post it here.

Hmmmm...Post #69...

So I saw that Kevin over at Out-Yet not so Proud got himself a little something recently, and while not nearly as scandalous, I thought I'd share in his pride and talk about a little treat I picked up for myself...

No, I don't have a boyfriend, so obviously I need to keep it nice and neat down there since there's tons of action going on... =P No matter though, I can still appreciate how I look down there, and recently I decided that I wanted to do something about it since I was, uh, looking kinda scraggly.

For the record, I've tried shaving before, and I have a few beefs with doing it. First, personally, I'm not a big fan of the completely shaved look, it's a little too Ken doll-like. Second and probably most obviously, the idea of nicking yourself down there is fucking scary. Thank goodness the couple times I've done it, I've gotten away without injuring myself down there...blood freaks me out enough as it is, I don't even want to think about bleeding down there. Third, it is true, it does get very itchy down there after shaving, especially the first time you do it. Try being in class and trying to satisfy the itch discretely (or not, guess it depends on you) and constantly...it sucks. What do I do, do I test myself mentally and not scratch? Pretend to shift my pants? Dig my hands deep into my pockets like I'm looking for my phone? Or maybe slump over my desk and make sure nobody's looking? Eff that. Lastly, having to shave constantly and risk all this on a regular basis? No thanks.

And so I decided to invest in this:



It's a Phillips Bodygroom Plus BG2036 body shaver, specifically designed to groom hair below the neck. It has three different comb lengths, a handle extender to do your back (which I won't need), charging dock and cleaning brush. Battery life is supposedly 50 minutes for a 1 hour charge, although I haven't been able to test it yet (I'm not that bad down there, thankfully). You're also able to use it dry or with water, so you can add to the list of activities you can do down there in the shower! 

I like it already. It's pretty gentle, doesn't tug or anything, although you have to be careful not to dig the comb into your skin at certain angles. I tried the comb with the shortest hair length first, and while it looks nice and neat, it's a little too short for my taste. Thankfully it's hair and it will grow in, although I may have to try the next length up next time and see if that's any better. So far, no itch (although the length is a little prickly against certain areas) and definitely no blood. It's pretty easy to clean too, just pop the comb off, rinse that, then pop the head off and rinse that too, then brush away any remaining hair. Overall, I'm pretty happy, but enough about me: 

So what about you guys? Manscaping a yes or a no? What are your personal grooming needs? Any preferred methods or advice??

And PS. Before you ask, NO I AM NOT POSTING PICS. I try really hard to keep the adult warning off my blog, thank you very much. God, I can already tell I'm going to regret this post tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Nah you won't regret writing this post because I can totally relate with u. When I was younger I shaved it completely off and it itched like crazy. I'm a fan of a guy with some hair down there. I just trim it every now and then. I always feel like I'll cut myself but luckily haven't.

    So I feel guys should manscape but leave some hair there. = )

    GDUSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one of those 4 years ago when they introduced them - they had quite a site - wwww.shaveeverywhere.com - quite entertaining.

    I see manscaping as kind of personal choice, although I do prefer it. I kind of like the lawn on the playground mowed, although grass around the swing set is unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I see you got some inspiration lol ;-)

    I've got about exactly the same kind of groomer and I'm very satisfied about it too. Mine has two heads: one for trimming and one for shaving. Down there I just trim it (rather short), but I use the shaving thing for my chest, balls and 'bum'.
    I (and Stof too) like to keep it a little neat because it looks sexier and I don't like extra flossing and stuff, well you get the picture haha.

    I can appreciate totally shaving down there, but it only suits Greek gods because it accentuates every milligram of bellyfat you might have and on the other hand makes skinny people skinnier. And shaving it all down is just too much work and indied veeerrrryyyy itchy (I tried once)

    Can you believe I used to be ashamed to trim my pubes? When Stof 'reached in my pants' the very first time, I was like 'oh no, he's going to discover I trimmed it, and make fun of me' !

    ReplyDelete